The organizing committee is proud to present his engagements towards an eco-friendly event. In order to minimize the environmental impacts of the event before, during and after, different measures have been taken along three main action lines:
- Traveling reduction for organizers, suppliers and other persons involved by having conference calls and email correspondence when possible;
- Compensation for the greenhouse gas (GHG) emitted by the transportation associated with the event (see information box);
- Shuttles for group transportation during the event.
2. Waste management
- Reduction of paper use and use of 100% recycled paper when necessary;
- During the event, setting up of waste sorting stations to separate recyclables, compostables and waste;
- Maximal reduction of disposable containers;
- Responsible management of food surplus and material surplus if relevant.
3. Responsible supplying
- Favour local products for meals and materials;
- Choice of eco-responsible suppliers;
- Purchase of fair-trade coffee, tea and sugar.
The success of an eco-friendly event can’t be achieved without everyone’s participation! As a participant, you are invited to carry out the following actions:
- Prefer carpooling and public transportation when traveling;
- Use the shuttles provided for group transportation during the event;
- Reduce your transportation by lodging on the event site (Paterson Residence);
- Sort your waste material at the intended sorting stations;
- Only print the full-version program if necessary;
- You will also have the possibility to donate 5$ to compensate for your GHG emissions (see information box).
For any question, do not hesitate to ask the green team members who will be present during the event!
Greenhouse gas (GHG) compensation program
The GHG compensation program aims to reduce the environmental impacts of the transportation done by the conference participants. GHG emitted by each participant will be calculated according to the distance traveled and transport mode used.
The amount required to compensate the total GHG emissions will be donated to a local organism which will carry out a reforestation project.